Thursday, January 15, 2009

Welcome!

Hello there fellow American Idol watchers!

Here we are at the beginning of yet another season of AI. Many changes have taken place this year and it will be interesting to find how the changes are excepted. The biggest change being the addition of Kara DioGuardi. I, myself, was skeptical of her joining the threesome we've all grown to love. But I have to say, I LOVE her! So far she has been the the more straight forward "Paula" that we've needed for the past 7 years! Paula's sweet, kind personality has overshadowed the truth of some of the contestants. Some times it's hard, but you have to tell the truth for what it is. We all know Paula falls short in that area. Kara has yet to disappoint. The coming weeks will tell of how she holds up, especially with the likes of Simon. She seems to me to be one tough cookie and I do not think she will be going anywhere anytime soon.

Another change is rumored that there will be less train wrecks during the audition shows. Now come on! We all know that the lousy "She bangs, she bangs" and the terrible "Somewhere over the rainbows" are loved by America! Why on Earth would you want to disappoint those who tune in just to seem some poor soul make a fool of themselves? I say, "Bring on the train wrecks!" For pity-sake, we need a good laugh!

Also, it has said that the wild card will be making it's way back this year. The wild card has not been a part of the show since the Clay/Ruben battle in 2003. Clay being a wild card winner. Along with the wild card contestants there will also be a change in numbers after the final cuts in Hollywood week. Instead of the normal 24 (12 guys and 12 girls) there will be a total of 36 and it will not necessarily be an even split of guys and girls. And all I have to say is it's about time! We need to have those who have the talent go through and not the ones who need to fill in a spot to make the numbers even. *pfft*

Well, to close this first post of the new Critics Corner, I want to post this video I found on a fellow bloggers site. It is for a new project I Am Second. Here is last seasons top 12 contestant Jason Castro.



See ya'll next week.
Bethy-Out

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! What an awesome clip!!!! WOW!!! I enjoyed it. Hopefully there will be more critics corner this year than last year! Thanks for starting it off on such a great clip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great blog! I never knew you had this before! We have watched the past 2 nights! Yay! We were disappointed about there being less "trainwrecks" but there were still some entertaining ones. We should come watch it with you or vice versa, I would love to watch it with Camden! Call me soon!!!

    ReplyDelete