Thursday, February 12, 2009

Top 36

Well, I know I have not posted much since the beginning of the season. During the try-out stage and Hollywood week, I have kept myself reserved for a reason. I find that it is difficult to make any kind of real judgment during those phases. But as Hollywood week drew close to an end I did find myself drawn to several different people. And let me tell you, I have one prediction that I will save for the end of this post.


***************************************

Now there are few that I have just have to make note of.
First off...
This girl..








needs to GO HOME! I can not even believe that she has made it thus far. I mean the girl can sing alright, but do they not look at the over all picture? How much of this can we put up with?




I seriously do not see her making it through the first couple of weeks of America voting. If she does, then I will have totally lost my faith in the American Idol fan base!


***************************************

Oh and this guy! Oh my, my, my!











Call me crazy...but I think this guy is hysterical!! Though, I can not believe they have put him through. The unpredictability of his performances is what I love and what I think Idol needs to spice things up a little. He is a riot!

***************************************

Now for Scott McIntyre.
I'm torn on this fella. I love his story. It's very heartwarming. And having two friends, myself, who are blind musicians, I feel like I can connect with him. But his last solo performance left me feeling as though the talent he has just doesn't stand up to the like of some of the others, especially some of the other men. I would hate to see (no pun intended) the judges merely passing him through on their sympathy over his disability. I hope he either steps it up or I'm afraid he may get trampled by the likes of Danny Gokey or Adam Lambert.


***************************************


So, having spoke my mind of those select few, here are my favorites and see if you notice anything...


Did ya figure it out? Yep. They are all guys! I'm sorry ladies, I think this is gonna be the mens year to rule. Yes, we had two guys duke it out last year but I think we are gonna have a repeat. There are a few good female voices that I have heard go through, but these four guys have really stuck out. Mark my words...they will be in the top 12. And as for Adam Lambert...that dude has a set of pipes like none other. My hope is to see him grow and sound less and less theatrical and become more of a rocker (can we say Boheaman Rapsody?). I think Adam has the potential to make it to the top 2! I'm excited because I believe this is going to be an awesome year. There is a ton of talent. It may be a little premature to say, but I think this may even be the best year yet. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

So here's to the first competition week next! Best of luck contestants and may the BEST singer win! And GO ADAM!

Bethy-out

5 comments:

  1. EXACTLY!
    You took the words right out of my mouth. Those are all my favs too. I was glad they all got thru. That Adam was the one I was trying to tell you about (couldn't think of his name), awesome unique voice, and a standout. I really like Danny too, he seems so nice and real, and love his voice.
    Also that Norman (or whatever his name is), is hilarious! I was hoping he would be put thru, cause that will be so entertaining and certainly spark the show!

    That girl is so annoying, but I figured they might put her thru for entertainment value, also that high strung emotional boy.
    Wow, this is almost a post! Much to say!
    And what about "LOST"!!! Need a blog for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if I am gonna like this year! I haven't really been all into it just for the mere fact that I believe they let that annoying tat go through and left others go. Oh well, I shall see if I really care for Idol anymore. tat in a way reminds me of kathrine mcphee who also annoyed me. I don't even watch the night it is on, I watch the next day. Idol comes on as bed time routine hit. I do have a funny little story, Mara was upstairs going to lay down with daddy and she had to come downstairs to see who was singing on Idol. She stood and stared at the TV for all of 5 seconds, went back upstairs and told Daddy, I had to go down and see who was singing on Idol, OK?! LOL!! How funny that little ones become such Idol junkies!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This could have been a post I posted myself!! I completley agree with you on everything! There is one girl that I loved but can't truly remember her name because the guys really just overshadow her!! Love the men and LOVE Adam! I was really disappointed to see that Danny's friend didn't pass through, I really liked him alot too....definatley better than ear piercing laughing annoying girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, the male's are great this year. It will be interesting to watch it all unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I really hope that she goes home first, if I hear that annoying laugh or cry one more time I might have to quit watching well not really but uggghh she drives me crazy. I love did I say love Norman Gentle or Mark whatever he goes I think he will have everyone in hysterics through out the competition. My favorite or favorites are some of yours.. I really like Danny Gokey and Anoop I think those are my fav's. I dont' really have any girls that I like that just stand out to me. We shall see how this week goes..

    ReplyDelete