Saturday, April 4, 2009

Top 8

OK, I thought I would post about AI, its been awhile.
My top 5 I think should be are:
Danny
Adam
Kris
Allison
Anoop (or Scott)

Scott was great this past week,but I think he is at the point where he can't go further in this competition. He said he would like to do Christian contemporary,this has been a good platform to get to that goal.

Matt is just more of the same. He doesn't have anything more than the other boys in the competition and sounds copycat with alot of other artists. He tries too hard if you ask me and needs to know who he is personally as an artist. He had that standout performance in the semi finals, but has done nothing else special. Buhbye Matt.

Lil is boring. She does nothing for me and definitely has no standout vocals that really move you or send goosebumps down your arm. She does NOT compare with other past idols in the R&B genre who have performed or anyone on the radio now. Sorry,she is over pimped because they are just trying to keep this type of contestant on the program as long as possible.
I do not think the judges think she is really "All That".

Adam has terrific vocal power and ability,but I don't connect with him. Personally, I feel there is a lack of true feeling and emotion in the performances. He puts 1000 percent into the performance, but he is a showman. He has lots of experience in Dramatic acting. All his energy is concentrated too much in the technical part for perfection, but he lacks being truly connected to the song. He needs to concentrate on that.

I love Danny. He moves you and gets into the true emotion of a song. He needs to step it up though. He needs to pick songs that are going to show ALL he's got and "THEN SOME"!
He can do it with that soaring voice of his,but he has to watch pushing the vocals too much and sounding strained(I thought he did last week, but it was still really good.)

Because Kris is coming along excelling each week and he out performed everyone last week. He is turning into a frontrunner and he deserves to! He has steadily improved and gotten better and better. He took a song and put his stamp on it,and actually would make a current hit with it, I believe.

Allison is amazing and needs to sing some ballads to show her vocals. She has yet to do that. She keeps singing rocker chick songs and needs to show off her voice for how good it is, and only 16 years old!

Anoop has not been consistant. Its been disappointing. I don't think he has anything too special in the vocal department. His best was "You were always on my mind", which I thought could be a current hit. But he has not done anything near as good as that.
So next week are songs from the idols birthyear.
Adam 1982
Danny 1980
Kris 1985
Allison 1992
Lil 1984
Scott 1985
Anoop 1986
Matt 1985

No comments:

Post a Comment